This workshop will be held OUTDOORS in a field in Southbridge, MA.
Rain date will be announced, if necessary.
The location has no indoor facilities and no shade. Shade cloth for vehicles is recommended.
Learn simple interactive games to teach your dog how to come when you call them, making recall fun and exciting for your pup!
Learn how to use Collar Cues, Shadow Skills and environmental reinforcement to train your dog to walk nicely on a leash!
Things to bring:
- Dogs should be wearing a collar or harness. No slip or choke collars please, and no head collars. If your dog wears a prong collar for control, please have an additional harness or flat collar for the recall work.
- TONS of your dog’s favorite treats. Suggested items include: packaged treats, people food like cheese, steak, chicken or other left overs. Bring a large amount and several varieties of awesome food. We will be working in a field and there will be no treats or food available for sale if you run out.
- A way to manage your treats – ie., training kilt, treat pouch, training vest. Pockets will be inadequate and you won’t be able to work out of a zip lock baggie.
- Your dog’s favorite toys. (more than one)
- Regular 6 ft leash that you walk your dog on. NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES.
- Long leash (not a retractable). Minimum 20 ft, longer is welcome.
- A whistle if you want to teach your dog a whistle recall.
- Bug spray
- A chair
- A sense of humor
If you will need help with your dog’s gear, please contact us and arrange to arrive early.
No Reactive Dogs – Dogs must be friendly toward other dogs and people
Dogs should know their own name and respond reliably to it