There is nothing more beautiful than a dog and handler heeling together in perfect symmetry.
Our Power & Precision Heeling course teaches:
- Symmetry and Sync
- Precision Heeling both in stationary placement and movement
- Focus on you! Distractions will be introduced and your dog will sail by them without skipping a step.
- On Leash and Off Leash
- Auto-sit (if you want)
- Adding in Lvl 2: Down in Motion, Sit in Motion, Wait (Stand in Motion)
- “In Motion” means that you and your dog are moving together fluidly, you Cue DOWN while you continue moving and the dog drops into the position while you continue moving.
- Adding in Level 2: Tight pivot turns & Side Passes
- Adding in Level 2: Removing props, lures and body language
- Adding in Level 2: Increasing Drive & Motivation
- Adding in Level 2: Increasing the distance you and your dog can Heel together
No Reactive Dogs, dogs must be able to work around other dogs and people without targeted barking or lunging.
- Some lessons will include all dogs working simultaneously.
- Some lessons will include 1 dog working at a time while other wait their turn inside the building.
- Some lessons will include 1 dog inside the building while dogs wait their turn in the car (humans observe the lesson indoors).
Who should come:
- If you are working toward an Obedience Title in any sport (know your rules).
- Participants in dog sports who want to present well when walking onto the course or work/trial arena.
- If you want perfection and control under distraction.
- You think it’s beautiful and want to learn more.
- You and your dog already heel and you want to improve or practice.
- You completed Power & Precise Heeling Level 1 and want to continue
Minimum requirements before taking this class:
- Completion of our (or other with same training philosophy) Heeling Class, this is not a beginner class.
- Reliable Name Response
- Reliable Recall
- Marker (Yes or Clicker)
- Sit on cue without a lure
Things to bring:
- An obscene amount of yummy treats
- A sense of Humor
- Way to hold treats and toy On Your Person that is not a manufacturers bag, ziploc bag, etc. Bait pouch, Vest, Belt, Skirt, etc is required.
- 2 of your dogs favorite toys that is on a strap, tug toy, or the like. No ball tossing.