Intermediate Agility continues the fun game of agility and will include further training on obstacles and movement. This class is appropriate for dogs who have graduated from Agility – Level 1, and would like to continue building confidence on the obstacles and working on handling skills.
In this class, we will be working on short sequences of 3 to 5 obstacles at a time) and practicing skills such as front crosses, rear crosses, blind crosses, when/how to indicate deceleration or acceleration on course, etc.
Goals of Intermediate Agility:
- Build Confidence on the Equipment
- Build Jumping Skills
- Encourage Attention and Focus
- Practice Handling skills
- Agility – Intro or equivalent Intro to Agility class
- Must be familiar with and able to execute all obstacles
- Reliable Recall is an absolute MUST for this class.
This class welcomes dogs and handlers who have enjoyed our Agility – Intro class just for fun, as well as those who are intending to compete in the future. NO REACTIVE DOGS.
Dogs who mark equipment will be required to wear a belly band for the duration of class.