Rally-FrEe is a unique sport combining trick behaviors of Canine Musical Freestyle with the format of Rally-Obedience. It emphasizes the precise execution of fundamental freestyle and obedience skills while encouraging creative and novel behaviors on a Rally-Obedience style course.
Musical Freestyle is fast becoming a mainstream canine performance sport that showcases the creativity and training skills of a dog-and-handler team in an entertaining performance choreographed to music.
No Reactive Dogs – Dogs enrolled in the class must be able to train with their handler on and off leash without barking at or visiting other dogs in class.
- Very Reliable Name Response, Very Reliable Recall, Reliable engagement with handler
- Ability to work on leash and off leash without visiting other dogs or people in class
- Fluent in Marker Training (Yes or a clicker)
- Basic Foundation Skills of Sit, Down, 20 second Stay, Collar cues, Hand Target, Paw Target (ie: platform, pivot bowl, etc.)
- Introduction to Shaping
- If you have completed Pack of Paws Obedience I & II you likely meet the criteria for this class
- If you are not sure, please do not hesitate to give us a call! We’re always here for your inquiries!
What do YOU get out of it?
- Active Focus & Attention from your dog under distraction
- Off leash control
- The best Heel behavior that anyone has ever seen
- Learn advanced training techniques
- And more
Folks who play in Canine Freestyle and Rally FrEe are fierce competitors in the Obedience ring AND have great family dog skills too! Why? Because Freestyle training is fun and engaging.
What is Rally FrEe? Rally FrEe is a numbered course of Canine Freestyle Behaviors. It’s a GREAT way to get started. Rally FrEe provides structure and a list of behaviors AND there is an app that demonstrates all of the Rally FrEe behaviors!
What does your dog get out of it?
- Precision behaviors
- Engagement with you
- Advanced training
- A sense of humor and laughter (Really!)
- And more
While Canine Freestyle and Rally FrEe are great sports to endeavor, it’s fun training and the skills transfer to real life.
Canine Freestyle dogs have strong heeling skills, skills that keep them in close proximity to you while off leash, strong attention to you skills and more.
- Don’t need special equipment
- Don’t need a lot of room to train
- Can train without a team of people (although training with friends is fun!)
- Can be as creative (or not) as you want