Whether you have had many puppies or if you’re raising your first puppy, this workshop for puppies is for you.
This workshop is not a replacement for our 6-week Signature Puppy class and teaches additional skills for you and your dog.
- Getting started on the right paw and jump-starting engagement
- Appropriate play with you (no inter-puppy play in this workshop, see our Puppy K class)
- Crate training
- Leash manners
- Maximizing on training sessions
- Building excitement for reinforcement
- Building confidence
- Teaching your puppy problem-solving skills
- Having fun!
- What to teach
- What not to teach, just yet
- Necessary skills
…and tons more.
Things to bring:
- TONS of high-value treats and a wide variety. Suggestions: cheese, hot dogs, chicken.
- Please don’t starve your dog for the workshop, but lessen his daily portion so that he’s not full!
- Favorite toy, long, soft, swinging, fuzzy, etc.
- Ball on a rope
- Crate if you have one
- Mat (bath mat, towel, yoga mat, etc)