Our Obedience for the Sport Dog class is designed with the Sport Dog & Handler in mind.
Imagine having reliable control over your dog at the highest levels of distraction including dog sports events while competing, entering, exiting, or spectating.
- Reliable Focused Heel
- Designed to help you and your dog move effortlessly through busy environments
- Sit & Stay
- Imagine the perfect Start Line Stay for Agility or Dock or other sport
- Distance Sit or Down
- Sit or Down and stay while other dogs and people or even a toy goes past
- Down & Stay
- Imagine watching an event or waiting your turn without any chaos to manage
- Stay on Task
- Keep your dog on task whether agility, disk or other instead of leaving the activity to visit or sniff
- Reliable and Laser FAST Recall
- In any environment, outdoors or indoors
- Loose Leash Walking
- In and around the event even in the densest population of persons, dogs, distractions
- Engagement & Focus
- Your dog will remain interested in YOU no matter what else is going on
Things to Bring:
- Obscene amount of yummy treats
- 2 Toys for tugging (no loose balls, any balls must be on a string or strap)
- Food and toys must be stored on your person in a vest, kilt, pouch, etc.
- Sense of humor!!
- Some lessons we will be working 1 dog at a time while the non-working dogs wait their turn in the car
- Some lessons we will be working 1 dog at a time while the non-working dogs wait their turn crated in the building (you provide the crate). If your dog is not crate trained you may keep your dog leashed and bring a mat.
- Some lessons we will be working 1 dog at a time while the non-working dogs wait their turn on leash while working skills.
- Some lessons we will be working as a group, all dogs simultaneously working on the same or different skills
- Increased distractions will be provided