You may already be using a prong collar to walk your dog but are you using it correctly?
There are a lot of reasons to teach your dog to walk nicely on a leash using a Prong Collar.
- Large breed and powerful dogs that are difficult to restrain on any harness or collar
- A dog who has had a lot of practice pulling on a collar or harness
- Impulsive dogs who struggle to mind their leash manners in distracting environments
- Owners who want or need near immediate leash manners
- Owners who risk their own health (shoulder injury, risk of falling) or safety (being dragged into the street or to another dog)
The Prong Collar as a training tool is not the right tool for every dog but it can be a great training tool for many dogs.
Knowing how to use the Prong Collar correctly and fairly means your dog won’t be injured or traumatized and can enjoy walking on a loose leash with you.
The skills you learn here will transfer easily to any flat collar.