Fitness for the Sport Dog Handler is designed with YOU in mind.
- Mental Acuity
- Strength & Flexibility
- Running & Sprinting (they are not the same)
- Quick Stops and Quick Turns
- Body Awareness
- Core & So much more!
Geared toward training and competing in:
- Agility (Running, Sprinting, Turning, Stopping, body awareness, reflexes)
- Lure Coursing and Fast CATS (trouble holding your dog at the start line?)
- Flyball (focusing on balance in all positions, catching at the end of the run, restraining & releasing)
- Disc including Updog games, Freestyle, Toss & Fetch (helps with throwing, balance, speed)
- Nosework (helps with balancing the leash and overall leash handling)
Things to bring:
- Yoga mat or towel
About Jerry Lashway
Jerry has been an athlete all his life, competing in multiple sports and professionally in 3 sports (MMA/NHB, Action pistol, and Arm Wrestling, and was an amateur powerlifter. He’s a licensed MMA trainer in the state of Massachusetts and currently coaches multiple professional and amateur athletes. This brings him an acute knowledge of how the human body reacts and how to teach it to react to specific situations. Very few athletes are as well-rounded (agility, strength, and conditioning) as mixed martial artists. He currently teaches Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Thai boxing, and MMA. Along with traveling the country teaching law enforcement professionals.
Jerry is a retired correction officer and Master Sargent from the USAF SF. Jerry is a very experienced instructor, having taught for decades in law enforcement, the military, and as a civilian.
He intends to bring his understanding and experience of human performance and training to Pack of Paws in order to help people in the action dog arena perform better by providing training specific to their needs.