Learn how to turn stress to confidence and distraction to focus using Leslie McDevitt’s Control Unleashed Exercises. Control Unleashed is a continuing training program designed to help dogs learn to relax, focus, and work reliably in either stimulating or stressful situations.
Despite the program title, Control Unleashed is a vigorous and fun curriculum taught while your dog is on-leash in our training center. The games and exercises in this program are designed to help you achieve your goal of transforming your dog into a focused and confident companion that can work around lots of other distractions, especially other dogs.
With an emphasis on handler focus, impulse control and coming when called in the presence of common distractions, this class is a must for those planning to participate in dog sports like agility, but also for any handler of a young, easily distracted, impulsive or insecure dog.
This class is not for dogs who demonstrate signs of fear, anxiety, or aggression. This class is designed for dogs that are good with dogs and people, but have trouble focusing and have issues with impulse control.
Who needs Control Unleashed®?
- Dog that are easily distracted and have difficulty concentrating.
- Dogs that are easily aroused.
- Dogs that are anxious or stressed and shut down.
- Dog that are unable to control their impulses when excited.
These skills can change your dog’s life!
A Note to Reactive Dog Owners:
- No Reactive Dogs — this class is not a replacement for our Reactive Dog Class.
- If your dog barks aggressively at other dogs or people then this is not the right class, our Reactive Dog class would be a better choice. It’s always our goal at Pack of Paws for each and every dog and person to be in a class designed for maximum learning for that individual dog’s needs.
- Not sure if this is the right class for you? Call us! We can ask a few questions that will help you choose the right class for you and your dog.
Things to Bring:
- TONS of yummie food treats cut up small. 5 different flavors in separate containers.
- A vessel from which to manage the food for efficient and effective delivery to the dog. Treat pouch, training vest, etc.
- 4 of your dog’s favorite toys.
- Mat (yoga mat, bath mat, small blanket)
- Your instructor may add training gear to your equipment list each week.
- Control Unleashed class is not a replacement for Basic Obedience and is not a basic course.
- All dogs who participate in Control Unleashed should be able to perform, at a minimum, reliable Name Response, decent loose leash skills, Sit, Down.
- Handlers should be familiar with marker training either a Clicker or a verbal marker (ie: Yes)